Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Lifeguard


The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal

Goodreads summary:
It's an unsettled summer for Sirena. Back in Texas, her family's splitting apart, but here in Rhode Island, at the cottage of her aunt, it's a different world. There are long days at the beach and intriguing encounters with Pilot, the lifeguard with shamanic skills. Sirena explores her obsession with Pilot and discovers his mysterious--almost magical--gifts.

My review:
This book was not what I expected. It had quite a bit about ghosts and other supernatural things that I did not realize were in this book. I usually do not like those elements in a book. BUT. I loved it. I could not put this book down. I kept finding myself drawn into this story. Parts of it were cheesy and parts of it were unique, but I loved it all. I even think the characters' names are awesome. Sirena and Pilot. Those were cool names. And the cover! He looks almost exactly like I pictured him too. After this book, I learned that it is okay to step out of your reading comfort zone every once in a while. You just might find a book you will love.

5 stars

I received this book for free from net galley. I was not required to write a positive review and I did not get anything in return for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment