Fun Bookish Questionairre
1. Favorite childhood book?
The Elsie Dinsmore series by Martha Finley!
2. What are you reading right now?
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
I usually buy my books.
4. Bad book habit?
When I don't like a book, I refuse to put it down. However, I don't want to read it so I just don't read anything until I force myself to finish the book.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yep! I have a kindle
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Just one at a time. I can't handle more than one. I'm too OCD for that. I have to finish what I start before I can move on.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Not really. I still read what I enjoy.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter. Out of Control by Mary Connealy.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not too ofter.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Christian fiction and young adult
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
Anywhere at home.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I usually lend my books to good friends, but some of them return my books really beat up which I can't stand. If I'm trusting you with my book, please take care of it.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
All the time
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Only if the book is for school.
18. Not even with text books?
Not usually text books, because I resell them.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English is the only language I comprehend.
20. What makes you love a book?
A good story.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I love the book. Like really love the book.
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
24. Favorite biography?
I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a biography...
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
I don't have a favorite
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
I haven't read a particularly inspirational book yet this year
28. Favorite reading snack?
I don't really snack while I read
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Hunger games. I probably would have read the book had it not gotten huge, but now I have no desire.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don't read professional reviews on books normally.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
It doesn't really bother me. It's my opinion and if you don't want to hear it then you don't have to read/listen to it.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I don't remember.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
There really isn't one
35. Favorite Poet?
Helen Steiner Rice
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
Lauren Holbrook in the series by Erynn Mangum
39. Favorite fictional villain?
I have no idea.
40. Books you’re most likely to bring on vacation?
Whatever I've been wanting to read for a while
41. The longest you’ve gone without reading.
A few months maybe
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
There hasn't been one in years.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Not much if the book is good.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Chronicles of Narnia probably
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Series of Unfortunate Events
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
oh goodness I don't know.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
It would have to be really really bad or be really inappropriate. Like I said earlier, I can't handle not finishing books.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Just on my shelf, not in any order
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep. Unless I don't really like it.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I don't really remember (I think I've blocked them out of my memory) but I know there have been a few.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
I don't generally read books that I don't think I will like.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Every book I read is for pleasure